GET STARTED WITH GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Modified on: Wed, 8 Apr, 2020 at 8:51 PM
To start collecting basic data from a website:
1. Create or sign in to your Analytics account:
- Go to google.com/analytics
- Do one of the following:
- - To create an account, click Start for free.
- - To sign in to your account, Click Sign in to Analytics.
2. Set up a property in your Analytics account. A property represents your website or app, and is the collection point in Analytics for the data from your site or app.
3. Set up a reporting view in your property. Views let you create filtered perspectives of your data; for example, all data except from your company’s internal IP addresses, or all data associated with a specific sales region.
4. Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your website you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Four steps in Google Analytics that will help you gain a clear, comprehensive picture of your business.
Configure your account, properties, and views to determine access to your data and which data is available.
For example, you can:
- Link your Google Ads and Analytics accounts so you can share data between them and develop a more
Modify your tracking code to collect additional data such as:
- Ecommerce activity like user engagement with product lists and internal promotions, and how successfully users moved through your purchase funnel and checkout process. Learn more about ecommerce and enhanced-ecommerce data collection and reporting.
Download the Analytics app
Once you have installed the tracking code on your site or app, and have configured your Analytics account, download the Analytics app from Google Play so you can take Analytics reporting with you anywhere (well, anywhere you have a connection).
Learn more about the Analytics app
Download the playbook for digital media managers
The Google Analytics team has developed a step-by-step playbook to help you get the most out of linking your Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts. Learn how to unlock deeper insights and create smarter Google Ads campaigns.
Take a look at this page on the Google Marketing Platform site, and download the PDF of the playbook.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.